Thursday, June 12, 2014

HUGE Time Saver Discovery

I haven't done loads with After Effects in my career, but I've done my fair share in the last 5 years. My talent lies more in Premiere which I use almost every day. After Effects was always that expensive toy that I couldn't get my hands on let alone learn very well. With that being said, up to this point if I ever wanted a title sequence or something I made in After Effects, I would "simply" render it out and then bring in the file to Premiere. I've been doing this for 3 years only to find out today that it was a waste of my time. Thanks again to ECAbrams, I learned something awesome in this tutorial on workflow between After Effects and Premiere. Here's the tutorial:
THE biggest thing I learned from this tutorial was that I didn't have to export clips from After Effects or Premiere to go from one to the other, I can just import the project file! Unbelievable! I vaguely remember hearing something like this when I was drooling over the Adobe CS5 roll out videos 2 or 3 years ago, but it must have faded since then.  Thanks ECAbrams for a great tutorial. This tutorial alone will save me a ton of time in the long run.  

This has me thinking now. If I went for 5 years doing something inefficient for this long, there has to be something else I'm missing as well. If you're an experienced editor/graphics animator and you can think of one of those aha moments you had like I just did, post it in the comments below. Workflow shortcuts are so essential to our work. Maybe we can save each other some serious time by citing all the seemingly obvious things that some of us just plain miss. Take care and happy editing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment